Rainer M Krug schrieb:

There is a bug in the article (Springer svjour3/global) layout: it
uses the default option, which produces an error message. Changing (in
the layout file) "global" to "smallcondensed" (the default option),
fixes this.

Can you please pen a bug report:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome
I'm currently too busy to fix it right now. Having a bug report assures that it won't be forgotten and that every developer can fix this.

Besides this the layout is named "svglobal3.layout" so I think that the "global" was inserted purposely. Why do you think this is wrong? Is there anything in the svjour documentation?

thanks and regards
Uwe