Sharma, Vivek schrieb:

I am using the memoir class, Lyx 1.6.4 and want to write the following:
Web sites:
University Hospital Llandough, Cardiff:
\url{http://www.cardiffandvale.wales.nhs.uk/portal/page?_pageid=33,480404,33_480405&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL}

Better use a hyperlink for that. For your case there are three possibilities:

- using the long link and breaking it by inserting "\\" in the name field

- using the long link but using another name

- making the link much shorter by using tinyurl.com

Attached is a LyX file showing the possibilities.

I have the following in the preamble:

\usepackage{booktabs}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{color}

You can delete this because LyX already takes care to load these packages when
they are needed.

%\usepackage[%
%colorlinks=true,linkcolor=black,citecolor=black,urlcolor=black,%
> %pdfstartview=FitH,%
> %bookmarksopen=true,bookmarksopenlevel=0,%
> %plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,%
> %pagebackref=true,%
> %pdftoolbar=false]{hyperref}

This can also be deleted. The hyperref settings can be set in the LyX documents settings under "PDF properties". (I've also used this in the attached LyX file.)

\usepackage{url}

You can delete this because LyX already takes care to load this packages when
it is are needed.

%\makeatletter

\makeatletter and \mekeatother is automatically inserted by LyX if needed.

regards Uwe