On Wednesday 16 September 2009 10:50:44 matteo abeni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using lyx to write my thesis. But i have a problem. when i write the
> title and then the author and I see them as PDF file I have a problem cause
> both stay in the top side of the A4 paper and the other part of the paper
> stay blank. I wish to put title and author in the middle of the paper but i
> can't. I tried /vspace{}, or insert>formatting> vertical space, but they
> didn't work. how can i do that?
> My document class is Book(ams)
>
> Thanks

Hi Matteo,

What I do is for the Frontmatter, instead of relying on the document  class's
properties and then trying to defeat them when necessary (like putting the
title in the middle), I use ERT and custom environments to construct the
Frontmatter. It works out great, and I can put anything anywhere I want,
quickly, with little muss and fuss.

All you need is a little LaTeX knowledge.

Note that for the Mainmatter, I do the opposite, and use almost no ERT,
relying solely on environments and character styles.

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package