On 2009-09-18, psykasso wrote:
> --0016e6dcd0fbefe28c0473da53ac

> Hello, when i press the ; character before a vowel greek letter to get a
> accent to it, it does not work. The problem is that it appears only in lyx
> because everywhere it is operational eg. =DC =DE ... I tried various langua=
> ge
> setting but with no results. I use lyx 1.6.4 and my os is gentoo.

Could you be more specific about the "everywhere"?

LyX should accept unicode chars like άέήίΰϊϋό or even polytonic
ἀἁἂἃἄἅἆἇᾓ.

Does it work if you copy and past accented letters from another
application?

What is "no result"? If pressing ";" + "a", do you get ";a", "a" or just
no letter at all?

Did you change language settings or keyboard settings system-wide or just
in one application?

Günter