I am using Lyx 1.6.4 on Windows XP to write my master's thesis. I have been progressing nicely but today I went to generate a pdf of the document and I got the following error and description:

Errors:

LaTeX Error: Command \texteuro unavailable in encoding T1.

Description

\newblock Birkhä
                      user, 2002.
Your command was ignored.
Type  I <command> <return>  to replace it with another command,
or  <return>  to continue without it.

I really have no idea what this is trying to tell me. A seemingly random block of text is highlighted when the error occurs. If I delete offending block of text a new block is highlighted with the same error. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Tom