Hello guys,

I've stated using lyx about two months ago, and mostly try to help myself
via internet and Koma-Script documentation, but I'm still a beginner and
lack some understanding with latex. This is a long email with a lot of
information for 4 problems. Please tell me if it would be wiser to split it
up in four emails.

For my momentary homework I'stuck with a couple of problems I can't find a
satisfying solution. I hope you can help me on these. There are some fixed
layout rules for German law homeworks, I'll need to stick to them, even
though they screw up the layout.

I use document-class: report (koma-script). The version is the repository
installed somewhat older version of koma for Ubuntu.

Problem 1:
I use the package alnumsec to change the caption numbering the way I need
it. This increases the space in the the space between number and title in
the table of contents, how can I undo this (the annex picture should clarify
my problem).

Preamble:

\usepackage{alnumsec}

\surroundarabic[(][)]{}{.}

\otherseparators{6}

\alnumsecstyle{LRnldg}

Problem 2:
As I need a lot of sections for a law homework, I need to use chapter and if
possible part as additional sections. I have a maximum space of 25 pages, so
space is limited. How can I stop chapter and part from starting a new page.

Problem 3:
Out of the same reason as Problem 2 I want to limit space before and after
all captions to the normal space between lines. My goal is font size 12,
bold, OneHalf space between lines for all captions (From part to
subparagraph).
I use "smallheading" as a documentclass - option upto now, but it still
takes too much space. I've tried renewcommand for the space before and after
chapter, but I'd like to understand how I can tell lyx to reduce spaces to
the OneHalf line spacing in the normal text:

\renewcommand*{\chapterheadstartvskip}{\vspace{-1.0cm}}

\renewcommand*{\chapterheadendvskip}{\vspace{0.5cm}}

Problem 4:
As it is required I need the OneHhalf space between all lines Open Office
and word use. Now if I use font size 12 "Times Roman" and "OneHalf" line
spacing in lyx, and "Times New Roman" and "OneHalf" line spacing in Open
Office I get different line spaces if the document is exported as a pdf. I
tried using setspace, but it didn't change to the required space:

\usepackage{setspace}

\onehalfspacing

Is this a known problem? Otherwise I'll just set the line spacing to an
individual distance, after visual judgement.

Sorry for the long mail. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me
out.

Thanks ahead,

Axel