On 11/25/09, rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com> wrote:

>This sounds like something that has been reported a few times recently,
>involving environment variables set from the shell that aren't being set
>when LyX is run from an icon. Try running LyX itself from the shell and
>see if that helps.

I usually start LyX from the Kde mini-command line (i.e. Alt-F2), but I tried
starting it from a real terminal just in case. Unfortunately there is no
difference.

A further puzzle:  if I export to Pdflatex and compile (successfully) in the
local directory, successive attempts by Lyx are successful as well. I suppose
this is due to the presence of .aux and .bbl files. But shouldn't Lyx compile
to pdf in a remote and safe environment, where the presence of stranded latex
byproducts should have no effect?

S.

>rh

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237