On 2009-12-03, Stefano Franchi wrote:
> On 12/03/09, Alex Simma <asi...@eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>>I am writing up my thesis in LyX and want to use the todonotes
>>package.  I found Jürgen Spitzmüller's layout and it's very useful.

>>The basic way the that the todo package is used is as \todo[options]
>>{todoEntry} and I want to know how to pass options to the todo
>>command.
>>What's the LyX way of having inset commands that accept options?

> I believe the LyX way to pass options is by using the Insert>>Short
> title command. This is how you pass an option, e.g., to the sectioning
> commands.  However, it is grayed out in the To do inset, even though
> the module declares a one argument command.

The Keyword you need in the *.layout or *.module file is OptionalArgs.
E.g. the enumitem.module (to be found on the wiki) contains::

  # With enumitem, the three standard list environments take an optional
  # argument. See enumitem.pdf_ for possible values.

  Style Itemize
        OptionalArgs          1
  End

Günter