2009/12/9 nikunj . <nikunjk...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Isn't there a Times New Roman font available in lyx ? I can see Times Roman,
> but there is no 'Times New Roman' . My document class is article.  I am
> using Lyx 1.6.4

LaTeX (which is an engine rendering your documents typed in LyX) does
not support your system fonts or any other TrueType fonts. There is
possible to use XeTeX, which is able to handle TrueType and OpenType
fonts - please refer to http://wiki.lyx.org for more details.

If you are beginner with LyX, please read the manuals and article
about LaTeX available in the network. You will then get better
understanding of the mechanics under LyX-LaTeX tools.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl