On Sun, Dec 13, 2009, Julio Rojas wrote:

> Dear all, I am using LyX with a book (Memoir) class to write my
> thesis. I have seen that though the page number is on the right (left)
> side of odd (even) pages, the inner margin (the biggest one) is also
> to the right (left) side of odd (even) pages. So, the page number is
> always on the same side of the biggest margin, which is wrong as they
> should be on opposite sides. I haven't touched the way LyX/LaTeX
> handles this issue, so I would like to know why the standard way of
> handling it is erroneous, at least to my knowledge.

Why do you equate "inner margin" with "the biggest one"?  In a standard book
layout, the opposite would be true.  This has been discussed many times on
this mailing list, so a search of the archives may help.

Say reply for the page numbers: generally, the page number would be at the
same side of the page as the bigger (outer) margin.

...dave case