Hi Steve,

I think that you have one of two options.  The first, of course is to
install the fonts onto your system in the normal way and then use XeTeX
to compile the document.  If you choose this route, you can assign the
font through the use of the \setfont macros: \setmainfont{font name},
\setsansfont{font name}, \setmonofont{font name}

If using LyX 1.6.5, you will need to set up XeLaTeX to work with LyX.
There is information on how to do this on the wiki.  If using LyX SVN,
it already has support built-in.  Just go to Document Settings -> Output
and enable "Use XeTeX".

Additional information about XeLaTex and font support is available at:

http://existentialtype.net/2008/07/12/fonts-in-latex-part-one-xelatex/

The alternative is to see if someone has created a font definition file.
You can also create your own.  Additional information about the process
is available from the excellent blog, Existential Type:

http://existentialtype.net/2008/07/12/fonts-in-latex-part-two-pdftex-and-opentype/

I personally prefer to go the XeLaTeX route.  Since moving over to LyX
SVN, I use it to compile more or less everything.  While there are some
packages it doesn't support (like microtype), I find that it does a good
job with just about everything.  I've even been able to use some of the
more exotic modules (like Sweave) and classes (like Tufte) without
problems.  For an example output, see:

http://www.oak-tree.us/stuff/LyX/Sweave-Opportunity.pdf

(Aside: In the example above, using xetex allowed me to use the same
typefaces that Tufte uses -- Bembo and Gil Sans -- without creating a
font definition file for them -- which ranks right alongside major oral
surgery on my priority list.)

Cheers,

Rob Oakes