Manveru wrote:
2009/12/15 Jose Carlos Rodríguez Rodríguez <jcarlos.ci...@gmail.com>:
Ups!  My specifical question is What is the procedure to launch Irfanview
like external image editor/viewer with LyX?

For instance, I change the tools->preferences->File handling->File
Format->PNG Editor & Viewer to i_irfanview32. With that Irfanview is
launched but the input image is not loaded. I try the $$i (The input file)
variable  ("Customizing LyX: Features for the Advanced User") but
unsuccessfully.

Sorry for my terrible English!

There is no documentation for irfanview on their web page, but I am
not sure it accepts simple parameters provided by command line.
Command line is not mentioned in their FAQ, but forum mentions a lot
of /something options, so there is probably a help file with command
line option reference guide.

Hi,

Commands for the 4.10 are available online at
http://www.downloadatoz.com/manual/ir/irfanview/hlp_command_line.htm

The list of command is available in the documentation on Irfan Viewer.

As for the original question, the following works for me, without needing to set LyX's path:

"C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" $$i

The only problem is that Irfan starts minimized for some reason.

Best regards,

Olivier