Am 06.01.2010 13:34, schrieb Matteo A.:

I mean that when i write in lyx chapter 4-section 3(for example) and put 2
tables or figures that are numbered in lyx automatically as "table or figure
6" and "table or figure 7", then when i update the PDF, i notice that the 2
tables or figures get the same number like "table 4.3" and not "table 4.3.1"
and "table 4.3.2" or whatever is the correct number.

I assume that your document class is a book class. In books figures and tables are numbered in the scheme
chapter.number
Within LyX the numbering might be different because every document class can define its own numbering scheme.

I haven't understood what exactly is the problem. Do you want the numbering
scheme
chapter.section.number
or a numbering without the chapter number?

Can you provide a -small_ LyX example file?

regards Uwe