Hwan Lin schrieb:

From my other papers, on math options, it was set at "use AMS math
package automatically."  These papers worked perfectly with
subequations.

The current paper that bothers  me also has the same math option as
above-mentioned. I don't understand why it can not deal with
subequations.

But I have explained you why this is the case in my email.

Even odd was when I changed the math option from "use AMS math package
automatically" to "use AMS math package", it worked with some
subequations, but it did not for some other subequations.

Can you please provide a _small_ LyX example file where it doesn't work?

regards Uwe