I can recommend DropBox (http://www.dropbox.com) for this purpose. They offer 2GB of free space and their software (Linux/Mac/Windows) seamlessly integrates this storage into your file system: You just copy your files to the local "Dropbox/Public" folder (via command line, Explorer, Finder, or whatsoever), from which it is transparently synchronized with the server. Right-clicking on an item gives you the option to copy the "public URL" in the clipboard you can then paste into the e-mail.

I have been using it for quite a while under OS X without any complaints so far. No spamming/advertising, no service dropouts, and really easy to use.

Daniel