Hi list,

Lyx 1.6.5 (normal Windows installer running under XP/SP3) doesn't execute the very convenient lp.exe windows print dialog command discussed at http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinTips

This worked fine under 1.6.4. I have lp.exe in my path, in fact I put it in mktex/bin . lyx diagnostics show that a .ps file is generated but isn't routed to the printer command although I have lp.exe listed as the spool command. I've reconfigured & restarted several times, running as lyx.exe to confirm that it picks up lp then ... yes. Yet when I run print, the LyX print document window stays up frozen but I can continue with LyX. So something is hanging.

Anyone else seen this with the standard installer? If it works under alt-installer, I'll happily go that route. The rest of LyX is super as always!

Thanks