KimberlyQ wrote:
I am a new Lyx user, hoping to write a technical manual using this wonderful
program.  Beyond the introduction and first chapter, most of the entire
manual consists of a table on every page.  The table covers the full page.
The table itself is the same on every page. Only the data within the table
changes from page to page.  I have created all the table pages and data in
Ms Word. I can insert them into Lyx as a screenshot image.
The body of the manual will be one or more text boxes overlaying the table
on each page.  The text boxes explain the changing data in the table.  Of
course, I could finish my book by adding the text boxes to the tables in
Word, but I was hoping to take advantage of the formatting, indexing, and
cross-referencing ease of Lyx.
My research as a novice Lyx user indicates that adding a text box to an
image can't be done.  Before I give up and stick with Word for this project,
I wanted to ask the group of experts if it is possible, or if any workable
alternatives come to mind.
Thanks for any input you can provide!

Why not insert the tables in LyX as tables (rather than images)?

/Paul