On 01.03.2010, at 21:33, mario wrote:

Hi

thanks for your reply.

Il giorno lun, 01/03/2010 alle 17.14 +0100, Uwe Stöhr ha scritto:
mario schrieb:

My question is: I would like to include scans of covers and selected
pages within my bibtex entrie (and final output), how do I do?

Personally, I use the BibTeX entry type "misc" for such cases.

yes, but then how do you get the scan image in the final .dvi (or .pdf)
output?

Just an untested idea: Have you tried (mis-)using the "note" field for this purpose?

@book {...

        note={\includegraphics{...}}
}

This probably won't work within LyX, as LyX would not copy the image files to the temporary generation directory. However, with plain LaTeX it might do the trick.

Daniel