On 2010-03-03, Michael Born wrote:

> But, the pdf file I can generate now has a different page number
> compared to the printout from year 2000. I would like the pdf to look
> exactly like the old printout... and therefore all the paper margins
> have to be the same, don't they?

Why can't you measure the margins and set them manually
(Dokument>Einstellungen>Seitenränder)?

Alternatively, you can search the web (or your hard disk) for a4.sty
and look up the dimensions there.

> My problem is that the library has this document (diploma thesis) from
> 2000 as a printout. Now, they want a pdf of this thesis and it should
> look the same. Because a thesis is some kind of "official" document and
> it's not allowed to change it afterwards. Thus, I would like to get the
> same page numbers and table of contents from the .lyx document.

> With the document class changed to "article (KOMA-script)" the empty
> pages disappear and the "newpage" lyx command is ignored.

KOMA-script will do some more changes (for the better, in my opinion)
but when the PDF shall look like the old printout, you'd better leave
the documentclass as is.

Günter