Daniele_P schrieb:

I have a problem with the definition of the page margins in a LyX document..
In particular, I would like to create a book-style document, where the
internal margin is always a bit bigger the the external one so that once I
print and bind it, the document will be easily readable.

It's the opposite: the inner margins of a book is always smaller than the outer ones. I recommend to use the KOMA-script book document class. Then use the document class option "BCOR" to specify the binding correction your need for your book. The other margins will be calculated automatically depending the on the font and the font size of your document. Therefore use the default margins.

This method is also used for the LyX user's guide, so have a look at its document settings as example.

regards Uwe