Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@...> writes:

> Slightly off topic:
> I am using Jabref for handling references in my LyX documents. I would like
> use Journal abbreviations, and there exists a list jabref-journals. This is,
> however, quite uncomplete, at least for my field (biology). External lists
> can be added under JabRef. Has somebody experience with it?

I manage my own list for journals that I encounter during research (mostly
physics journals). I find it easy enough to navigate to the menu Options >
"Manage journal abbreviations" and simply add new journals as you encounter
them.

> I am particularly interested in the following:
> The references I am using are in most cases already abbreviated. But they are
> not recognized, probably, because the full titles are missing. Do I have to
> add them or can one somehow circumwent it?

No harm is done if no abbreviation is found for the journal, but you won't be
able to use the fullname<-->abbreviation toggling feature for this particular
article.

> Any other way to do this job without spending too much time with it?

I don't know. Try jabref mailing list?
jabref-us...@lists.sourceforge.net

--
Julien