On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 00:55:39 +0100
Stefaan Himpe <stefaan.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is there anything that can do that in lyx/beamer/latex?
> Not sure if that is acceptable to you, but imagemagick can easily create
> such drawings for you.
>
> See e.g. http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/fonts/
>
> Best regards,
> Stefaan.

I've gotten close by using \write18 to create the image to include. Still not
ideal as I'm not sure about getting a two line title but that is minor.

The question remains now of how to achieve the 3d effect with an external
program so that I get the text image to include. Got the shadow rather easily
but can't manage to get the highlights for the text. Any idea? (gotten close
with gimp but I don't know how to automate it, still far away with convert)

It's still only tested with straight latex, will see how to handle \write18
from within lyx later on