pierre delaunoy schrieb:

In fact, I only want to have a background color for the title of section or for the title of a subsection. Sorry for the misunderstanding

In the file attached, is it possible to have "1.1 Programme 0 - Subsistance administration - Enseignement et recherche" with a background color and "1.1.1 AB 12.01.02 - Dépenses permanentes pour achats de biens non durables et de services" with another one ?

This is possible. But every section in your document should have the same color to get a readable book. (Personally, I don't think it is a good idea to change the background color. If colors are really necessary, then better change the color of the text.)

I attached a LyX file where I colored the background of all section headings and the text color of all subsection headings.

Some further hints for writing a book:

- Better use the book (KOMA-script) or memoir document class. These classes provide much more featues than the default book class. For example automatic print space calculation, title page formatting, binding correction, etc. (The LyX UserGuide is an example how the power of KOMA-script is uses - look at its document settings.)

- If possible, use short titles for all section headings that are running in the PDF-output over more than one line. Otherwise the table of contents and the PDF bookmarks would become unreadable.

- Don't overuse colors and horizontal lines. Good books use both very rarely.

regards Uwe