I frequently have to use "Programlisting" in a document. I find the Font to large in comparison to the rest of the text and sometimes have problems to get large fields of data on a page. So I have to change the style from standard to small or very small for every Listing. That is boring and time consuming.

Is there any possibilty tro change this global for the complete document, eventually with a simple entry in the Latex start code? I tried some variants but had no success. The problem is, that the entry of the scriptsize is after the begin tag:

\begin{lstlisting}[basicstyle={\scriptsize}]
... prog. code

\end{lstlisting}

Regards BB