I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but in some case the pagestyle is ignores for the first page

Try at the start of the document to add in evil red text (Tex code) \thispagestyle{empty} (I hope I haven't miss spelled this)

ב-18/03/2010, בשעה 01:38, Paul Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> כתב/ה:

Jim Rockford <jim.rockfo...@...> writes:

I'm running Lyx on Windoze 7 (64bit). I was under the impression that the
following document style setting will suppress page numbers:

Document --> Settings --> Page Layout --> Headings Style --> empty

However, in the single-page document (article style) that I'm currently working on, I still get the page number 1 at the bottom of the page when I
generate the PDF.  Am I doing something wrong?  Are there alternative
methods for suppressing page numbers?

You're doing it correctly, and it should work (works fine for me here). You might try View > View Source, click the option for complete source, and verify that \pagestyle{empty} shows up early in the LaTeX code. Other than that, is there anything funky in your preamble that might be overriding the page style
command?