On 2010-03-29, Alan Tyree wrote:
> --000e0cd118864eb5900482e8a698

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Paul Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> wrote:

>> Typhoon <typh...@...> writes:
>> >
>> > I'm preparing a manuscript for printing. The LyX Wiki recommends Latin
>> > Modern as the best choice of fonts for a PDF document.

Latin Modern is the recommended choice if you want the "look and feel"
of Computer Modern.

>> > Is this still the font of choice for PDF documents?

Font choice depends on so many factors that a general advise is not
possible.

>> > The MS is plain text with no diagrams or math symbols. Preparation
>> > will be with pdflatex unless there is some particular reason to use
>> > a different method.

This opens a wide choice of fonts to select from. I found the "LaTeX
Font Catalogue" (http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/) a valuable ressource.
Most fonts will need "manual" setup in the LaTeX preamble (with the
GUI font selector set to [Default].

Günter