I am formatting a manuscript to specs provided by the publisher. They want
me to provide a "true" camera-ready copy: sheets of papers, not pdf files.
Here is what I discovered after a morning spent playing with the
geometry.sty package and fancy headers:

1. Selecting headings style "fancy" in the Document settings dialog and
setting page parameters in the preamble with the geometry package does not
work. This is because lyx loads the package fancyhdr in the Lyx part of the
preamble, i.e before the geometry package is loaded. Result: the
fancyheaders package does not use margins set by the geometry package.
solution: load fancy headers package manually in the user part of the
preamble, after the geometry package

2. This one drove me crazy: it turns out that the Okular's default print
settings work like Acrobat reader's "Fit to page" print settings. That is,
Okular will happily and silently shrink/expand the margin by several mm when
printing, therefore obliterating the parameters set up by the geometry
package settings. Solution: print from Acrobat reader (with page scaling set
to "none," of course). I don't know if there is a way to change Okular's
behavior, or if it is one of those obscure Kde settings---I could not find
anything to change behavior.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA