On 4/19/2010 8:37 AM, jelle feringa wrote:

Aha! That offers some insight!
Same thing happes no matter whether I export latex(plain) || latex(pdflatex).

brutus:Desktop jelleferinga$ pdflatex newfile1.tex
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.1415926-1.40.9 (Web2C 7.5.7)
  %&-line parsing enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

See if you have a utility called fmtutil installed. If not, you might want to google it and see if you can install it. The man page indicates it should be suitable for fixing missing formats.

Also, you might try running plain latex, rather than pdflatex, against your test document. If it compiles, then the font file is not the problem.

/Paul