Hello,

I have just downloaded mactex and Lyx 1.6.6 to my Mac (OS X 10.5.8).

I started with a LaTeX file and converted it to Lyx. I would like to work
with others on editing this file, and then convert it to LaTeX later for
the final version. However, when I open the Lyx file and go to File,
Export, LaTeX (plain), no corresponding .tex file appears in the
directory. (I searched my mac as well using Spotlight.) Am I missing
something obvious?

I searched the mailing list archive and came across a post suggesting that
Preferences, File Handling was important. There is no "converter
definition" for Lyx -> LaTeX (plain) there. I (probably quite naively!)
chose Lyx as the "From format" and LaTeX (plain) as the "To format", and
added it, and tried again, but that did not work.

I have some knowledge of LaTeX; I guess I can do View, View Source
and just delete the Lyx code from that LaTeX code; is that equivalent?

Thank you very much,

Eric Freeman