Hello,

I have tried to use Spellchecking with LyX 1.6.5 on OSX with cocoAspell. It seems to work fine with the english dictionary, which I have added as »Alternative language«, as described. But as soon as I want to use another language (german), which I have placed in the same folder as the English-file, I get the following message:

"Das Rechtschreibprogramm konnte nicht gestartet werden
Error: The file "/Library/Application
Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-de-20030222-1.alias" can not be opened for reading."

I hope you could help me. When I switch back to the English file the spellchecker works again…

Best
Jess