Oops,

I trailed off on a question near the end, it was: "Also, I need to insert
diagrams that look like
this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Porter_Value_Chain.png
My options: Latex" and I forgot to add the GiMP, MAYBE scribus, or just using a
table in Lyx...

Anyways, the Latex for something as complex as my example appears to be REALLY
complicated. I'm guessing the GiMP is probably what I'll have to use.

If it helps, here's my priorities, highest = 1, lowest = 5:
1) ***running header***
2) **numbering and labeling tables and figures (numbered separately).
3) *best bibliography recommendation
4) if I used a bad approach to workaround any of my other issues
5) if you can recommend an easy approach to getting a similar diagram (I'm
actually using a table inside of Lyx at the moment, but a pgf/TikZ signal type
graphic, perhaps overlaid? might be very helpful, and I might like to use
several of them in a row with words inside, but again, this is a low
priority...)

Again, thanks so much for your attention!  I'm going to stop researching Lyx
and Latex for a bit and get back to writing.  Should I cross post this in the
Latex Lyx forums?

Aaron