Hi,

I just installed MiKTeX 2.8 and LyX 1.6. Whenever I try to open some
templates in LyX I get the following message:

"the layout file requested by this document, aa.layout, is not usable. This
is probably because a LaTeX class or style file required by it is not
available. See the Customization documentation for more information. LyX
will not be able to produce output."  I also get "No information for
exporting the format PDF (pdflatex)." when I try to view PDF.

I have seen many suggested fixes online such as reconfiguring LyX but none
have worked. I have installed these on two laptops, one with XP and one with
Windows 7 x64. Same problem on both. I have attached the textclass.lst if
this is any help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have to get my thesis
started asap.

Regards,
John O Brien