I recently tried to convert a 30-page document under Windows 7. After
many, many tries, including the use of http://www.pdftoword.com/ , I
finally installed a Debian VirtualBox, installed LyX/LaTeX, shared a
folder between Debian and Windows 7, converted the document to HTML in
Debian, opened it with OpenOffice in Windows 7 and exported to Word.
"Some" finger paint for styles, tables, figures, footnotes and
references and voila. Now, I have native Windows 7 LyX for most of my
work and native Linux LyX for the cumbersome conversions. :P
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com