You can also see this web page:

http://www.texample.net/tikz/examples/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: BOB Merhebi
  To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
  Cc: Todd Denniston
  Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Help: Newbie writing a report- Help in drawing diagrams
particularly circuits

  Well first thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it.

  I managed to get an extension regarding my report till next week thought with
additional reports to write. I did the most obvious solution & thats using
pencil, paper & a scanner. I just installed Dia & will try it tomorrow
hopefully. It seems user-friendly, but in case do you suggest any guide or help
file or is the documentation enough ?

  By the way, it seems it doesn't contains any  sheets for physics besides
"circuit" & "ChemEng". Can you help in this please as I have other labs soon
enough in Mechanics & Thermodynamics & Atomic physics?

  thanks
  ----------------
  Sincerely Yours,
  BOB Merhebi

  On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Todd Denniston
<todd.dennis...@tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil> wrote:

    BOB Merhebi wrote, On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am a newbie to LyX. I searched most manuals & wikis but could find
nothing
    > about drawing diagrams (physics related). I am in urgent need of help as I
    > am writing a reports for my physics labs which are due in less than 24
hrs.
    > I particularly need to draw electrical ciruits.
    >
    > You help is appreciated
    > thx

    As others have suggested...
    for low learning curve: stencil sets and pen/paper + a scanner
    for quick but limited computer aided drawing including circuits: dia [can
export to TeX with
    pstricks or one of the image formats]

    for computer aided schematics (2D circuit diagrams): gschem from the gEDA
set of tools [output to an
    image format]
    under RHEL/CentOS after you have enabled the EPEL repository it is only a
`yum install geda-gschem`
    away. I also suggest installing geda-docs.
    AFAIK it is also in fedora in these packages.
    It took a couple of hours to get fairly comfortable with it for me, but I
had not used a circuit
    editor before, only DIA and a couple of CAD programs.

    --
    Todd Denniston