Dear LyX Users and Developers,

I wanted to provide a bit of an update to my adventures with Ubuntu packaging (insofar as they are related to LyX).

I've spoken with the Ubuntu developers, and they have granted our request to include 1.6.7 in the next version of Ubuntu (Maverick Meerkat, 10.10). Packages have been compiled and are available from Launchpad as of this moment (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx).

For users of Lucid Lynx (10.04) who would like to upgrade, I have created a PPA that you can use (https://launchpad.net/~lyx-outline-devel/+archive/lyx-stable). To update, use the following commands from the terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lyx-outline-devel/lyx-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This will add the repository to your list of software sources and then update any software you have installed. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Cheers,

Rob

PS, if there is interest from the developer/user community, I would also be happy to create a PPA for the latest alpha of LyX 2 (or we on the betas yet?). To prevent it from destroying your system, though, I would need to patch the packaging files and inertia prevents me from doing so unless there is interest.