OS: Centos 5.5 up to date (equivalent to RHEL 5.5)
LyX: lyx 1.6.7 (lyx-1.6.7-1.el5 from the EPEL repository)
Also affected lyx 1.6.6.1 from the EPEL repository

simple method to cause crash:
1) fire up lyx
2) open a file
3) turn Outline mode on (get the check beside Document -> Outline), if it is
not already on
4) exit lyx
5) fire up lyx
6) File -> New (creates newfile2 tab)
7) File -> New (creates newfile3 tab)
8) select the tab for the first new file (newfile2)
9) File -> Close
10) see
---------Begin message
lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. Please read the bug-reporting instructions
in Help->Introduction
and send us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks !
Bye.
Aborted
---------End message

So is this affecting current lyx 1.6.x on other distros?

bugzilla's hate me right now, not their fault though, so I am sending to the
list. :]
--
Todd Denniston