Jack Tanner wrote:
> When I wrote to this list a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I was
> really enjoying LyX. I have to say, I'm enjoying it even more now. It's
> remarkably useful and user-friendly. That said, I have a couple of
> suggestions for making it a bit friendlier yet, both in the area of working
> with images. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just being dense, and LyX is
> already capable of doing all this.
>
> 1. I like being able to control how images display in LyX separately from
> how they show up in the output. However, I've found that I often set the
> two images to the same magnification in both. It'd be nice if it was the
> default to use the same magnification in both so that I wouldn't have to
> enter the number twice.

you will probably like grouping feature.

graphics settings->latex and lyx options->graphics group
(user guide, 4.4.2, Grouping of Image settings).

> 2. It's not easy to view not shown or small-magnification images at full
> size. I can right-click on an image and "edit externally", but I'd rather
> bind the left-click to a fast internal "view" command (or a "view
> externally" command, and reserve the image properties dialog for the
> right-click menu.

workaround is to change editor of image to your favourite viewer
and use edit entry for viewing (i use this for .eps viewing too...)
this can be done in preferences->file formats.

pavel