Hi!

I have been using LyX for a while now, and very much enjoying it, but I would really love to be able to set different key bindings for math mode and non-math mode. My main reason for this is that in math mode, I have to use the Ctrl, Meta, and Shift keys so much that its starting to hurt my fingers, and I would like to have keybindings without modifiers (except maybe Shift for capitals) - so insert x would be 'v x' instead of just 'x', integral would be 'i', etc. Obviously, in text mode this would be very irritating, but in math mode, I think I would find it very convenient. Could that be done? Is there some way to automatically switch keybindings upon entering/leaving math mode?

Alternatively, is there any way to use a shortcut (or lyx function) to switch key bindings? That would not be quite as convenient, but still a good start...

Thanks,
Wendell