On 10/02/2010 12:49 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using a document class derived from the Book class, and that can't change.

I created a character style that in LyX shows the text, but in the PDF doesn't
show the text and simply sets a variable, which I then put in the header. So
far so good.

But there's trouble in paradise. These variables are dates, and I want the
variable value in the header to be the value on entry to the page. Instead,
it's the value on exit from the page. Is there any way to make it the value on
entry to the page? Maybe some sort of LaTeX break logic?

I've read about this problem elsewhere, and I don't think there is any solution to it without a massive rewrite of the heading code. Think about the section headings: You get in the header the section with which the page ENDS, not the one with which it STARTS.

rh