On 29/10/2010 3:24 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:
On 10/28/2010 04:27 AM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

The only hiccup was when a nomenclature entry or footnote was in a
section heading. In that case, after a certain amount of trial and
error, I found that preceding the footnote with \protect solved the
problem (which is a problem with the footnpag package) and again using
\protect as in
\protect\nomrefpage
solved the nomenclature entry problem. When I look through the
manuals, \protect gets about two mentions in the whole lot. It seems a
useful command to know when things that have otherwise been working
well start misbehaving.

This may count as a bug, but there are known issues about putting
footnotes into section headings in LaTeX. I wonder if you might submit a
bug report about it.

Working with these different packages makes me look forward to the day
(1) when biblatex is properly incorporated into LyX;

This was hoped for 2.0, but the two of us who were going to do it had
too much else to do. We'd certainly welcome help.

(2) and the marginnote package too;
(3) and I wonder if footnotes could not be handled in a similar way to
Document > Settings > Numbering & TOC with a slide giving page by page
renewal of footnote numbers at the extreme left position, and no
renewal of footnote numbering for the extreme right position (one
sequence for the whole document), with section renewal and chapter
renewal positions in-between?

I think we have part of this: The Outline will display all the
footnotes, if you change the combo box at the top.

Resetting of footnote numbers is handled by the document class, as far
as output goes, but can of course be customized via LaTeX commands like
\addtoreset. Within LyX, this should be customizable via layout, using
the Within command for the footnote counter.

Richard

I put in a (low priority) bug report about the nomenclature.

Andrew Parsloe