On Monday 01 November 2010 06:58:48 Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 01.11.2010 um 11:47 schrieb Ankur Srivastava:
> > Dear list members,
> > I've been using Lyx for a month and I cannot find one feature that I need
> > for my Extended Essay. How do I set the page numbering in the form page x
> > of y, where x is the current page and y is the total number of pages? I'm
> > really puzzled. I looked at the documentation and FAQ but I didn't find
> > anything there. Thank you
>
> I add a label at the very end of the document and use a reference to that
>  label for y. For x I add \thepage{} in ERT (the red box for TeX code).

That's brilliant!

I was trying for a long time to figure how to do that before finally learning
about the "official" way to do it -- by using the lastpage package.

Here's the URL for lastpage:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/lastpage/

When I have the time I'm going to try your label/reference way. It's a *very*
slick idea.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt