On Nov 6, 2010, at 11:53 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 05.11.2010 um 04:46 schrieb Christopher Menzel:
>
>> On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:48 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:

>>> I'd guess it is cocoaSpell...
>>
>> Yes, that is correct.
>>
>>> After upgrade to Snow Leopard I don't have it anymore.
>>> I'll check it on another system...
>>>
>>> To be sure: are you able to send me a test case?
>>
>> Sent to you directly.
>
> I tried it and I cannot reproduce your problem.
>
> What I did:
> * install cocoaSpell
> * start LyX 1.6.7
> * open preferences, goto language -> spellcheck
> * select aspell and apply
> * press F7 then Ignore until end of document
> * reopen preferences, goto language -> spellcheck
> * select aspell(library) and apply
> * F7 => error message: no word lists for en_US
> * paste into the "Alternative language" field of spellcheck preferences:
> /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0/english.alias
> * F7 => error message: no word lists for ""
> * so aspell(library) seems to not work here
>
> Please tell me, which way is yours?

I installed cocoAspell; and, just in case, I just now reinstalled (ver 2.1).
And, except for documents containing ú and the like, spellchecking works; I
don't get the errors you are reporting.

> To be sure I checked in Terminal.app my LANG value => de_DE.UTF-8
>
>> I can't get LyX 2.0alpha6 running on my iMac; crashes almost immediately.
>
> That's bad. Is it Intel Snow Leopard?
> What's the first few dozen lines of the crash report contents?

Actually, it now seems to be working, so I'm not sure what the earlier problem
was. Moreover, the spellchecker in 2.0alpha6 does NOT have the problem with ú
that I'm having with the spellchecker in LyX 1.6.7.

One thing I did notice however is that LyX 2.0alpha6 does not appear able to
open a LyX2.0alpha6 document that I created in Windows 7.  It reports that the
document was created by a later version of LyX.  (And indeed the Windows
version has a 4 Oct date stamp whereas the OS X version is 16 Sep, so perhaps
that explains it.)

Are there plans to make more recent 2.0 alpha binaries available?  I tried
compiling my own svn version and the compile seemed to complete without
complaining (though this required changing some "unsigned int" occurrences to
"int" in Author.cpp) but the resulting binary crashes when I try to run it and
I don't have the time (and, most likely, the skillz) to diagnose the problem.
:-(

-chris