Am 12.11.2010 um 00:33 schrieb Emil Pavlov:

> На 11.11.2010 10:18, Waluyo Adi Siswanto написа:
>> I just compile lyx-2.0.0beta1
>> using the following commands:
>>
>> ./configure --with-version-suffix=-2.0.0beta1
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> everything ok no errors, but when I run lyx-2.0.0beta1, the
>> spellchecker is not active.
>> If I see the from the preference, it is grey (see the attachment)
>>
>> My lyx-1.6.7 works ok with the spellchecker.
>>
>> What was wrong my compilation? or how to make the spellchecker active?
>>
>> PS: I am in Ubuntu 10.04
>> Regards
>> waluyo
>>

> I confirm that the spellchecker is not activated by default.

You are building LyX yourself and are using autotools (configure and make)?
Did you read my answers to Waluyos message?
What's the content of the file config.log? (grep for aspell and/or hunspell)
Do you have the developer package for your spell checker software installed?

It's not explicitly mentioned in INSTALL instructions... but you have to
add the development packages for the spell checker tools to compile LyX with
spell checker support. It's optional but enabled per default if found.

Stephan