On 11/18/2010 11:31 AM, Julien Rioux wrote:
On 18/11/2010 11:21 AM, Marc Mouries wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Lyx and just tried it to use it with Lilypond.

In LyX I do: File> New from Template, then navigate up one directory,
select the examples/ directory, and select lilypond.lyx.

I tested with Mac and the file lilypond.lyx was not in the folder
I tested with Windows, I could find the file but when i open it, I get a
message saying:
"the module lilypond requires a package that is not available in your
LaTeX installation.
LaTeX out may not be possible"

Shouldn't MyTeX install any package that are not installed automatically?

My configuration is:
- Lyx 2.0 beta 1
- MyTeX 2.9
- Lilypond 2.13.39

thanks,

Marc

Hi Marc,

The error message is misleading. The module requires a "lytex to latex" converter (i.e., the lilypond-book program) but no specific LaTeX package. We should fix this.

Is "lilypond-book" in your PATH? It must be found by LyX at configure time. Could you please make sure it is in your PATH, reconfigure LyX (Tools > reconfigure), restart LyX and try again?

To specify your PATH either modify the environment variable or the PATH prefix in LyX Tools > Preferences > Paths

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,
Regards,
Julien
thanks the reconfigure worked. I was able to open the file without the dialog.
Now when i click on "view" i get the following error message:

Could it be a 'x' missing at the end of pdflate?