Dear Lyxers,

can anyone explain to me why the \noun command (small caps) produces this
funny latex code when used within a \idex command? Consider the following:

> This is a line of text with with a word in small caps: small-caps-word

shows up in the LateX source window as :

Latex 1: This is line of text with a word in small caps: \noun{word}

As it should.

Now try to put the last word of the previous line into a index command and
put it in small caps as well. This is the Latex output:

Latex 2: This is line of text with a word in small caps:
\noun{small-caps-word}\index{small-caps-w...@\noun{small-caps-word}}

whereas I would expect:

Latex 3: This is line of text with a word in small caps:
\noun{small-caps-word}\index{\noun{small-caps-word}}

Why is the underlined part there? I mean the --> small-caps-word@ . Is it
needed? Is it a bug? I have a feeling that it is messing up my index, even
though I do not get any warning (let alone errors).

Stefano