Windows users can create symlinks too. If they're still stuck on XP, you can
use junction
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx>(with
some messing about); anyone using Vista and up can use the native
'mklink' command for files directly. I do exactly this for my own .bib files
in the TEXMF local tree: symlink (or hard link if you prefer) to the source
.bib file in Dropbox, under both OS X and Win7.

~:Justin Wood:~
PhD candidate, *Engineering & Energy school*, Murdoch
University<http://www.murdoch.edu.au/>

 ~:justin.wood <http://civilisationshift.wordpress.com/>:~ ≤ 350ppm
CO2<http://350.org>