mac_man2008 <at> yahoo.it <mac_man2008 <at> yahoo.it> writes:

> Hi to all.
>
> ALGORITHMS
> I am trying to insert the lines of an algorithm into a Lyx document.
> I did it by:
> Insert -> Float -> Algorithm
>
> but when generating the PDF I cannot see any line numbering, such as the
> PDF obtained from:
> http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/LyX/I18n/lang-algorithm.lyx

How did you insert the algorithm into the float?  If you position the cursor
inside the float but not inside the caption, then click Insert > Program
Listing, you'll get an inset where you can add the code.  Right click the inset,
select Settings, and you'll see an option to specify line numbering on either
the left or right side.

> CENTERING IMAGES
> As for images, I cannot center them. I added the:
> Insert -> Float -> Image
> then edited the "paragraph" setting alining to center but I did not get it.

Did you put the cursor inside the float but outside the caption, and then set
the paragraph alignment to center?  People have been known to have the cursor
inside the caption, or outside the float, while doing this.

/Paul