Annagloria Santello <annag.santello <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everybody,I'm writing my graduate thesis and have a problem when i try to
convert the Lyx document in pdf (or dvi or postscript).The error message tells
"not in outer par mode" and Lyx highlights a maths formula. But I really can't
see what's wrong with that!Hope to hear from you soon,Best,Anna

It's hard to diagnose without seeing the document.  Make a copy of the document,
and try to chop out as much material as you can while preserving the error
message.  Also see if the error persists when you change the document class to
something simple like "article".  If the error is still there, please post a
minimal document containing the error (preferably using a document class that
ships with LyX) to the list.  If chopping surrounding material does eliminate
the error, maybe the last thing you zapped will tell us something about the
source of the problem.

Paul