So it seems all that was needed to do was to select the plainnat.bst
as the bibliography style. Now it`s working fine.

I have another question, though: is it possible to configure the style
in the references section when I added it the way I mentioned in my
previous mail (that is, insert > List/TOC > BibTeX bibliography...)?

I guess this configuration is controlled by some bst or sty file, but
have no clue as to which, neither as how to edit them...

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks, and best regards,

Eduardo