I use Lyx 1.6.5 under Ubuntu Linux version 10.04.

Has anyone used the Newspaper Package with Lyx?
I believe I have all the required packages, because everything works very well with the Texworks and Texmaker Latex programs. However, after importing the example tex file into Lyx, I received three errors making the dvi output. These are listed below.

I don't know enough about the innards of Lyx to know if it is even possible to use the Newspaper Package. I would appreciate any advice.

Dean

ERROR 1
 \begin{window}{

[}2,r,\includegraphics[width=1in]{0_home_engineer_tex_ne...
If you say, e.g., `\def\a1{...}', then you must always
put `1' after `\a', since control sequence names are
made up of letters only. The macro here has not been
followed by the required stuff, so I'm ignoring it.

ERROR 2
 \begin{window}{[}

2,r,\includegraphics[width=1in]{0_home_engineer_tex_ne...
I've deleted a group-closing symbol because it seems to be
spurious, as in `$x}$'. But perhaps the } is legitimate and
you forgot something else, as in `\hbox{$x}'. In such cases
the way to recover is to insert both the forgotten and the
deleted material, e.g., by typing `I$}'.

ERROR 3
 more space. \end{window}
                              \closearticle